Apple Spice Pancakes
Is there some type of rehab for people who eat too many pancakes? I think I might have to go there. Better yet, let me make some pancakes first so I’m not hungry when I get there…
I love pancakes. They are my favorite go to brunch meal and even dessert now that I think about it. My favorite part is that you can make pancakes will all types of fillings and toppings. I pretty much have 1 vegan pancake recipe that I use and then customize it in all different ways. For example, check out these pumpkin pancakes or even these coconut quinoa pancakes! They essentially have the same base with different flavors. See? It’s that easy to make delicious vegan pancakes.
What I love about these pancakes in particular is that the batter has no oil in it! Oil is substituted for apple sauce and then you just have to use oil to cook them. Isn’t that a nice perk? The applesauce gives an extra apple flavor which is exactly what you want! Try these pancakes for your next breakfast and see what I mean. I promise you won’t be disappointed.
Apple Spice Pancakes
3/4 cup flour
3 tablespoons sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
pinch of salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon allspice
1 1/4 cups almond milk
1/3 cup applesauce
1/2 teaspoon vanilla ext.
1 tablespoon flax seeds
coconut oil for cooking
2 large apples, diced
sprinkle of cinnamon
2 tablespoons maple syrup
- Combine almond milk, applesauce, vanilla, and flax seeds in a bowl and set aside for 10 minutes
- Combine dry ingredients and spices in another bowl. Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and whisk to combine
- Heat 1 tablespoon coconut oil in a pan and place about 1/4 cups of batter in pan to cook. Pancakes will take about 3-4 minutes on each side, just until the edges brown and you see bubbles forming on the top. Flip and cook another 2 minutes. Continue to cook until all pancakes are made
- In a small pan on the side, combine diced apples, cinnamon, and maple syrup. Cook, stirring occasionally, until apples are soft (about 7 minutes)
- Serve pancakes with maple syrup and topped with cooked apples!