Chocolate Chip Funfetti Cookie Cake
Let’s be honest… this is a must have.
I’ve been slightly obsessed with making vegan cookies lately so I thought i’d switch it up and make it into a cookie cake instead. Chocked full of sprinkles and mini chocolate chips, this cookie cake is a PARTY! You can make it a gooey-er texture by cooking it for 20 minutes, or leave it in a little bit longer to get a cakey-er texture. Either way, it’s delicious.
I love the idea of bringing this to a party or even making it for a birthday because it just looks so darn pretty! I guarantee you that no one will even know it’s vegan. I had to put it away quickly after taking pictures so I wouldn’t eat it all!
This would even be great if you wanted to add nuts or any other add ins. Make it your own! Now you have a recipe though that you can trust :).
Funfetti Cookie Cake
1 flax egg
1 1/4 cup flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup (1 stick) margarine/vegan butter
1/3 cup brown sugar
1/3 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1/4 cup vegan mini chocolate chips
3 tablespoons rainbow sprinkles
For the frosting: Mix the following ingredients together thoroughly
1/2 stick margarine/vegan butter
1 cup powdered sugar
1 teaspoon almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350 and grease a 9 inch cake pan (will help to put a parchment paper circle on the bottom as well)
- Cream the butter and sugars together until well combined. Add in the vanilla and flax egg and mix until well incorporated
- Mix the dry ingredients and then add to the wet. Mix until combined
- Stir in the chocolate chips and sprinkles
- Spread the batter evenly in the pan
- Bake for 18-20 minutes if you desired a more gooey cookie texture, and bake for 25 minutes if you desired a more cakey cookie texture
- Cool completely and then pipe the frosting around the edges (or spread all over) and sprinkle with chocolate chips and sprinkles!