Veggie Cauliflower Fried “Rice”
Whenever I think about eating vegetables, I always forget about fried rice. It’s so versatile in the sense that you can pretty much add any veggies, a splash of soy sauce, some garlic, and you’re meal is ready! In an attempt to make something healthier for this new meal plan I’m testing, I remembered how versatile cauliflower was! I did some research to make sure I wasn’t crazy in making cauliflower into “rice” and once I found that a lot of people were doing it I thought, what the heck, count me in.
Guys, I love this recipe. It’s pretty much 100% veggies which makes it so easy to get multiple servings of veggies at one time. Not to mention, I don’t even miss the rice! The cauliflower has a crunchy but soft texture, and all the veggies add their own flavors to the mix. My family loves Chinese food so I can’t wait to make this for them and see if they notice a difference!
This entire recipe took me about 15 minutes to make which makes it perfect for those quick dinners. It also freezes really well! All I did was separate it into little baggies and popped them in the freezer. Then the night before, I put one in the fridge to defrost and heat it up the next day to enjoy!
Veggie Cauliflower Fried Rice
*Note: The recipe goes QUICK – make sure you have all ingredients chopped and ready to go before you begin
*Note: Instead of using fresh cauliflower, you can use frozen “riced veggies” as well to make it faster!
1 cup diced onion
1 cup diced red pepper
1 cup broccoli florets
1 cup frozen peas
1 head cauliflower
4 garlic cloves minced
2 tablespoons soy sauce
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 green onions sliced
- Rough chop your cauliflower and place into a food processor. Plus until you get the consistency of rice – about 15-20 times.
- Heat oil in a large pan and saute the onion until it starts to brown. Add the red pepper and peas and saute until soft
- Add in the garlic and cauliflower, stir to combine, then add your soy sauce.
- Top mixture with the broccoli and cover the entire pan. Cook for 2-3 minutes (just to soften the cauliflower and broccoli)
- Remove from heat and stir in the green onion. Serve!
Other add ins could include: Carrots, green peppers, corn, celery, etc…